The United Nations Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme invites everyone to participate in EastCode 2021: a national contest of innovative solutions for communities of eastern Ukraine. The contest is designed to find and support innovative ideas that will help solve local development challenges in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts (government-controlled areas).
Citizens from all over Ukraine and even abroad can take part in the contest. However, if winning, the suggested idea should be piloted in the communities of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, and only then can be scaled to the whole of Ukraine.
The submitted projects and solutions must be relevant to one of the topics:
- good governance and civic engagement
- environmental protection, sustainable growth, and responsible consumption
- public services, service delivery, and access to services.
- Innovation. Manufacturability and novelty of the suggested solutions
- Social impact. The ideas are aimed at solving current social problems and challenges for communities.
- Viability. Ideas have clear business plans, implementation strategies and measurable success rates.
- Scalability. The suggested ideas have the opportunity to be disseminated or implemented in the communities of the Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts. Still, in the future, they can be scaled to Ukraine in its entirety.