CB Insights presentes the State Of Venture Q2’21 Report that covers global data and analysis on dealmaking, funding, and exits in private-market companies – highlights:
- 136 new billion-dollar companies are born;
- In Q2’21, the number of mega-rounds (deals worth $100M+) surged to a record-high 390 — up 195% year-over-year;
- Among regions, the US led the quarter with 204 mega-rounds (another record), followed by Asia with 92;
- Startups in the US raised a record $70.4B in Q2’21, while funding to China-based startups dropped 18% from Q4’20’s peak of $27.7B;
- In Brazil, funding nearly tripled the prior quarter’s total to reach $4.6B.
Read more about new records set in a huge quarter for global & US funding, exits, IPOs, valuations, and more