Two of Germany’s best-known angel investors, Gesa Miczaika and Bettine Schmitz, launched Auxxo Female Catalyst Fund with the vision to create a portfolio of the strongest female founders in Europe and to give the VC industry a jump-start to reach parity.
- The Auxxo Female Catalyst Fund will invest in at least 25 pre-seed and seed stage startups across Europe.
- The team will write cheques of €100k-600k for a 3-5% stake in the business, and won’t look to lead rounds (“but we help find the perfect lead”).
- Female founders in those companies will need to hold at least 20% of the founders’ shares for Auxxo to consider backing the business.
The main facts about the fund:
- Focus on female founders: We only invest into teams with at least one female founder holding at least 20% of the founder shares (no window dressing!).
- build a bridge between female founders and VCs through our co-investment approach.
- very special network of predominantly female Limited Partners (LPs) support us and especially the founding teams. These LPs include established venture capitalists, successful founders and powerful women from the economy.
- implementing a new culture for investing by applying very feminine principles such as empathy, intuition and impact orientation in the male-dominated venture capital world as a value-add for the founding team.