IТ Ukraine Association presented Ukraine IT Report 2021 – a national study on what the IT industry is like today and what its prospects are for the future.
- In 2021, the Ukrainian IT industry grew by 36% from USD 5 billion to USD 6.8 billion in exports;
- At the same time, the number of specialists increased from 244 thousand to 285 thousand
- Thus, over the past three years, the industry has more than doubled in exports and has grown by more than 50% in the number of specialists.
- Over the past 6 years, fiscal revenues from the IT industry have more than tripled. This is facilitated by the stable growth of the industry, maintaining the possibility of contractual interaction of legal entities with specialists who are individual entrepreneurs of the 3rd group.
- Ukraine has 2-4 times fewer IT specialists per 100,000 of population than competing countries. This indicates a high potential for expanding employment in the IT sector through formal education and retraining.
In the world, Ukraine is already known as an IT country, and the IT industry is a significant and fast-growing share of Ukraine’s economy. However, at the same time, the creative industry is still young enough to reach its maximum growth and prospects. Therefore, here, in the Association, we initiated a national study to understand where we are today and to capture key indicators of the industry. This is especially important before the introduction of a special tax regime. We also set ourselves the task of predicting what Ukrainian IT will be in the future if the existing trends prevail, said Konstantin Vasyuk, the Executive Director of IT Ukraine Association.
Research partners: Sayenko Kharenko, Cushman & Wakefield, Korn Ferry.
The research was supported by: Digicode, Infopulse Ukraine, Innovecs, SoftServe, Techiia holding, Valtech, Ciklum, ELEKS, EPAM Ukraine, Intellias, Luxoft, N-iX, Sigma Software Group, SQUAD.