As Russia’s military assault against Ukraine continues, Microsoft Apple Google TikTok Binance SpaceX Revolut Airbnb and other tech giants are on hand to help, providing tech, internet, and housing support to Ukraine.
For many years, Big Tech companies were just apolitical, staying out of battlefield actions. Now, businesses are actors in the conflict – major tech platforms are restricting access to certain technologies in Russia while social-networking sites are blocking Russian media and throttling anyone who shares it.
Here’s how Big Tech is assisting Ukraine’s war effort in eight ways.
- Suspending business in Russia
- Suspending live-streaming
- Blocking Kremlin-backed media
- Providing cyber protection
- Providing a satellite internet connection
- Halting transactions with Russia
- Donating to Ukraine via crypto
- Providing free housing
Read more via IT Arena