Ukrainians appear to have launched an online campaign Buy me a fighter jet soliciting donations of fighter jets to defend their skies from russian invaders.
- The planes needed cost $25 million each, on average, each plane “is thousand of lives saved.”
- The campaign, first reported on by Business Insider, features a video of a Ukrainian fighter pilot in front of a badly damaged war plane: “Buy me a fighter jet. It will help me to protect my sky filled with Russian planes that bomb my land, kill my friends, and destroy our homes and everything I have ever known.”
- The campaign website invites those interested in assisting to email for help in finding, buying, and transferring a fighter jet to the country’s Air Force. Help with technical and legal issues will be provided, it says.
We ask you, Philanthropist, to use your financial, organizational and political capabilities to buy and hand over a fighter jet to us. We need your help! We need a fighter jet! Whoever you are – a businessman, an IT specialist, an actor or a singer, whichever nationality you are or country you live in – you can help us to stop the terror, We will help you find, buy and transfer a fighter jet to the Air Force of Ukraine: Contact us by email. Our experts will advise you on technical and legal issues. Feel the gratitude of millions of hearts! email@example.com More info: https://buymeafighterjet.com
Read more via Fortune
You can donate to TechUkraine here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.