One of the biggest IT companies with Ukrainian roots, SoftServe has released its Sustainability Report 2021. The document summarises the company’s work and key impact on the development of IT education, empowerment of communities, diversity&inclusion, environmental sustainability, etc.
“Every year, SoftServe is evolving at a frantic pace, so our efforts in each CSR direction grow equally, allowing us to take care of our associates properly and scale our positive impact on communities and the environment. It is crucial for us that our principles and ideas convert to initiatives that can really make a positive change”, says Mariia Kucherenko, SoftServe’s director for corporate reputation and CSR.
Development of high-quality IT education
- The development of better IT education and training of qualified specialists remains one of the key CSR directions for the company. SoftServe partners with 64 universities globally. In 2021, it introduced four baccalaureate programs with a dual form of education, combining theoretical learning with practice within the company. Twenty students of the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv had already received diplomas at the end of this program.
- In addition, corporate SoftServe University, which turned 15 last year, develops various learning solutions for internal and external students who want to start a career in IT. More than a half of 2,282 SoftServe’s IT Academy interns were hired in 2021. It is 120% year-over-year growth.
- The company also continues working with different governmental and non-profit organizations. SoftServe is working to improve educational opportunities for students in small Ukrainian towns and villages in partnership with Teach for Ukraine.
Care for the environment
- In 2021, SoftServe reduced the number of direct emissions by 55.4% compared to the previous year.
- Moreover, the company introduced a new approach to ecological management and set ambitious environmental goals until 2032. In particular, SoftServe strives to become a carbon-neutral business, reach zero waste, design sustainable offices and develop IT solutions that help address environmental challenges.
Equity and inclusion
- SoftServe, as a global company and one of the best employers in Ukraine, is led by principles of equity and impartiality and nurtures a culture where everyone has the same growth opportunities. In 2021, the company created the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team that helps SoftServe maintain and drive these principles.
- Continuous progress from year to year is seen in gender equality. In 2021, the number of women managers increased by 3% compared to the previous year and amounted to 52%. The number of female associates hadn’t changed and was 35% in 2021, which is still higher than average for the industry.
- Apart from that, SoftServe and Ivan Franko National University of Lviv created the first inclusive space for veterans in Ukraine based in the university. Here veterans and retired military personnel can socialize, reintegrate into the educational process, and receive psychological or other assistance.
SoftServe is the biggest global IT company with Ukrainian roots that advises and provides cutting-edge technology services. It is one of the biggest software development companies in Central and Eastern Europe, with 13,500 people working in 40 offices worldwide. Headquarters are located in Lviv, Ukraine and Austin, Texas, USA. The company has development centers in Lviv, Kyiv, Dnipro, Kharkiv, Rivne, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Uzhgorod, Odesa, Vinnytsia, Khmelnytskyi, also in Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.