To make the Ukrainian army stronger and save thousands of lives of our defenders, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, the Ministry of Digital Transfomation and UNITED24 launch the Army of Drones project.
- This is a complex program that involves a drone procurement, their maintenance and replacement, as well as pilots training.
- An Army of Drones will allow us to constantly monitor the 2 470 km long frontline and provide an effective response to enemy attacks.
- Make a donation to the account of the Ministry of Defence via UNITED24, and we will buy drones. Or, even give your own drone – “Dronate” it now.
We buy drones for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd front lines, coordinating procurement with the military. Our priority is buying 200 tactical unmanned aerial reconnaissance vehicles. These ‘birds’ can fly up to 24 hours, up to 160 km, at an altitude of up to 5 km. They are equipped with several thermographic cameras with GPS modules and mapping software. The key thing is that they are hard to spot, which means they are hard to get knocked down. These drones will help constantly monitor the front line and identify the aggressor’s positions, – Mykhailo Fedorov, Minister of Digital Transformation.
- On 25th of July, the Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov announced: “The first contracts for UAH 260.5 million for the purchase of drones for the Army of Drones are signed.”
- 78 Matrice multicopters, equipped with artificial intelligence technology, will be bought for this money. They can record high-quality video, focus on targets and remotely identify potential hazards.They will also purchase 2 ground systems for 20 Warmate kamikaze attack drones, which were purchased thanks to the Monobank initiative. In addition, 20 Fly Eye – one of the best reconnaissance drones – will be purchased.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.