According to the report by Noosphere Venture Partners “Ukraine space segment and European space agency cooperation capabilities”, Ukraine will be the one of the biggest force of European Space Agency – ESA.
Factors guaranteeing the development of the space sector of Ukraine:
- 3 generations of engineers have grown up in the country and government enterprises have a huge legacy in the space;
- the Law on the Regulation of Space Activities, which allowed private companies to engage in space technology and led to the emergence of dozens of private space companies
- After the war with Russia, Ukraine is obliged to build up its forces in space.
Existing projects with ESA:
- Horizon 2020 – composite developments since 2016
- Vega – forth stage engine development by Yuzhnoye SDO and Yuzhmash since 2012
- Galileo – Ukraine is an operator of RIMS since 1999
The space sector of Ukraine has been developing steadily in recent years. Prior to the full-scale war, the government approved a budget for the country’s 5-year space strategy. According to this, it was planned to finance the entire sector by €151 million only in 2022. And after the end of the war, this figure is likely to increase. Thus, Ukraine can co-finance ESA programs and will became one of the top 10 European countries in this regard.
Read more via presentation
Support Kyiv-based TechUkraine team here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.