Creative director of BALENCIAGA Demna Gvasalia became an ambassador of the United24 fundraising platform, launched by President Volodymyr Zelensky for charitable donations in support of Ukraine, as the country is battling Russia’s war.
- Balenciaga dropped a shirt featuring prints of the Ukrainian flag and a trident, Ukraine’s coat of arms.
- 100% of the net profits from the shirt’s sales, which costs 200 euros, will be donated to humanitarian efforts to the Rebuild Ukraine Direction “Ukraine Recovery” – buy here.
- Demna Gvasalia, Balenciaga creative director: “I am honored to become a United24 ambassador. I know very well and feel the pain that Ukrainians are going through. I’ve been thinking a lot about how I can help Ukraine and all the refugees who want to return home. That is why I decided to focus on the humanitarian direction ‘Ukraine Recovery’. And the special sweatshirt that we created at Balenciaga will be a kind of message of support for Ukraine.” 🎙
- Daria Shapovalova, cofounder of the largest fashion multi brand store of digital collections DRESSX: “Fashion industry should be proactive, should reflect sense of times and definitely not to pretend as if “nothing is happening, we are about beauty and great clothes”. Clothes can help to raise awareness, help you to talk, to express your views and to inspire others.” Thanks Demna Gvasalia and for your position!
You can support our team and donate to TechUkraine here.
- Come Back Alive
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website