Amid the nine months of a full-scale invasion by russia, Ukraine’s national innovation sector has impressed over 70 000 attendees from 160 countries with a notable presence at the “Davos for Geeks,” the “planet’s best tech conference” Web Summit 2022 that had taken place on 1st through 4th of November in Lisbon, Portugal.
Ukraine was spotlighted during the event at all levels and days:
- surprise appearance of the First Lady of Ukraine on the main stage at the Opening Night ceremony,
- National Pavilion “Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem – The Capital Of Freedom,”
- speech and press conference by Vice Prime Minister & Minister of Digital Transformation Government of Ukraine Mykhailo Fedorov,
- presentation of the documentary “Made with Bravery” about the Ukrainian tech sector during wartime,
- 70 Ukrainian startups & companies within the event,
- dozen of panels, sessions, and discussions on the topic of Ukraine.
Read the article to discover how Ukrainian tech showcased resilience and bravery for the international audience and sought support from the global tech community to bolster our fight against russia.
Support TechUkraine team here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.