Posts by Yuliya Datsiuk
Last week we released an article covering the top ten Ukrainian digital startups as a part of our partnership project with SpendWithUkraine. Together we have set a goal to spread the word about unique Ukrainian products and services thriving in the tech world.
This week we will uncover some of the best Ukrainian EdTech startups shaping a new global approach to education. You might not even realize it, but Ukraine has a lot to offer – grab a cup of tea and discover some of the most innovative Ukrainian EdTech startups gathered on the Spend With Ukraine website.
- An online learning platform that connects students with tutors, primarily focusing on language learning.
- The company was founded in 2012 by Kirill Bigai, Dmytro Voloshyn, and Sergey Lukyanov.
- The founders have succeeded in building a truly global business, expanding the team to over 400 employees of 58 different nationalities across 30 countries worldwide. Preply has become a global e-learning powerhouse from an education startup that connects the world’s largest live language learning community.
- In June, Preply raised $ 50 MLN for further global development.
- Preply team believes that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill. It enables individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible. So they enhance the human-driven experience with innovative tech solutions and build a personalized learning space.
- Beetroot Academy is a Swedish-Ukrainian socially-driven company that helps build great careers in IT and changes societies for the better.
- Beetroot, intensive IT courses to build successful careers in tech, was launched initially in 2014 as an in-house project with in-person classroom teaching. Today it’s an independent organization with more than 450+ people providing world-class online education globally.
- Academy’s core activity is to provide people with intensive practical skills training and help them to start a career as tech specialists in development or management: Front End, Back End, WordPress, UI/UX, Project Management, and others.
- The team believes that in the 21st century, everyone deserves access to professional education and development, no matter who they are or where they are.
- EdTech startup teaches programming, quality assurance, UI/UX design, and recruiting from scratch. The 4-month training is free, and graduates are obligated to pay 17% of their salary only after getting the job.
- The Mate academy team consists of specialists who are able to develop both technical skills and personal qualities. Its coaches work in IT and have not only good theoretical but also practical knowledge. They know what is relevant in the market now, and there really is something to share.
- Mate Academy team also provides career support after graduation.
- Headway is an IT company that creates EdTech products. The startup was launched in 2019. In just 3 years, it grew from 3 to 150 people in the team and opened offices in Kyiv, Warsaw, Nicosia, and London.
- Headway products help millions of people worldwide grow and improve themselves through concise formats of educational content: courses, videos, games, and infographics. Headway app contains daily insights, gamified challenges, and 15-minute text and audio summaries of non-fiction bestsellers.
- The startup became the world leader by downloads in the book summary niche. Over 8 million people worldwide have already downloaded the Headway app. In the summer of 2021, more than 500,000 people connected to the application a month.
- Headway is used in 140 countries, mainly in the USA, Canada, Australia, Great Britain, and India.
- Edutainment apps and digital products for kids and parents
- Keiki creates helpful educational apps for children (2-8 y.o.) to transform screen time into a fun and interactive opportunity to explore and study. As for now, the team has 5 mobile and Web products in its portfolio.
- Their flagship product is the KeikiWorld app, which provides kids under 5 years old with gamified educational cartoon-looking content. The app also helps parents build a learning plan and monitor their children’s progress.
- Keiki products feature in the TOP 10 biggest mobile apps in their category. More than 5 million users have already downloaded the applications in 20+ languages.
- ChoiZY is a Ukrainian-British educational career guidance startup that helps students or young professionals choose their career paths.
- Launched in 2019, ChoiZY has already raised $1 MLN in a pre-seed round for development from the Ukrainian Startup Fund and other investors.
- AI-based career guidance app is now being used by 25K users worldwide.
Check out more Ukrainian tech startups on Spend With Ukraine platform.
Authot: Yuliya Datsiuk