e-Com B2B and B2C solution have to support the companies in the group in enhancing their sales channels efficiency. The solution initially developed by Sigma Software for Volvo Penta has proven to be of so much value that it was further implemented at several Volvo companies and gradually became a fully-fledged e-commerce platform unrivalled in the way it fits companies in the automotive industry. As of today, the platform is used by 11 international brands (including world-known automotive companies outside Volvo Group).
What is/was the challenge?
The Customer was looking for a partner able to deliver full-cycle services from requirements specification and architecture design to deployment, 3rd line support & maintenance, and user training. Sigma Software role also embraces platform adaptations for the new customers and solutions roll-outs to different markets worldwide.
What is the project?
Significant features of the e-com platform are:
- Advanced integration of parts and accessory catalogues (30 years of catalogue production – 1,7 M records in parts; 137.000 article numbers; 65.000 assemblies; availability from more than 100 dealers on all articles).
- Customized web-shops for distribution centres.
- Dealers sales and marketing campaigns.
- Selling and distribution of Repair Maintenance Information online.
- Purchasing portals for non-automotive products and merchandise assortment.
- Integration with large enterprise platforms through IBM WMQ fetching business information about dealers, availability of spare parts, accessories, assemblies in stock, replacement information for parts and accessories which are currently out-of-stock, discounts, order fulfilment status, etc.
As of today, over 150 dealers from over 50 countries sell Volvo parts, country-specific assortment and own products through the solution developed and maintained by Sigma Software.