Ukrainian Startups Need to Expand Globally
In order to grow more startups across the borders of Ukraine, TechUkraine is introducing Going Global – an internationalization readiness program. Going Global is designed to help entrepreneurs in choosing the right next market, building their go-to-market strategy and validating this strategy.
As a startup, the first priority is growth and this program is designed to help startups prepare to grow an international client base. After Going Global participants will be well equipped to take their company to the next level and conquer new markets.
Skills for Going Global Can Be Learned
The internationalization readiness program consists of a Masterclasses, individual coaching and networking. During the Masterclass, several tools to aid in the market selection will be taught, as well as how to build a personalized go-to-market (GTM) strategy and how to develop a roadmap for internationalization.
Individual coaching is also important to guide startups with their internationalization strategy. The coaching starts after the first masterclass takes place. A total amount of 15 hours over a period of preferably 3 with a maximum of 6 months, are invested by the coaches.
How It Works
This program, developed by DutchBasecamp*, is based on the experiences of hundreds of founders who successfully scaled their company internationally. Scaling internationally is a journey where startups often know the destination, but not all steps along the way are clear.
Going Global will teach the foundations needed to land as smoothly as possible in new foreign markets. Additionally, startups will get to learn from other experienced (tech) entrepreneurs who have gone before them. All in all, Going Global can help prevent founders from losing too much time, money and energy on their way to international success.
Going Global will conduct 2 training cycles in 2019. The first will start with a Mastercass on SEPTEMBER 3, followed by coaching, and the second cycle will start in October.
We will invite 7 or 8 companies to join each individual cycle. Both of these training cycles will focus on companies working in SaaS.
Going Global training is most appropriate and helpful for SaaS companies who fit most of the following criteria:
- Startups with a proven product-market fit who know their metrics
- Startups with paying customers and a percent of market share already
- Startups with a scalable / repeatable business model
- Startups who are seeking to enter new markets outside of Ukraine – we are looking for companies that are trying to gain a presence / gather significant market share in a new country – not just seeking 1 or 2 clients in different markets.
- Entrepreneurs (or biz developers) who are eager to learn new skills and have an open mindset
- Startups will be required to do about 1-2 hours of pre-work before the workshop, in order to provide us with enough information about each particular business
- Startups must commit to attending the Workshop on Sept 3 with 2 people from the company. The most appropriate team members are likely to be Founder(s) / CEO / Business Development Manager.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING INDICATIONS OF INTEREST FROM START UP COMPANIES FOR THE SEPT 3 TRAINING CYCLE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS TRAINING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM FOUND IN THIS LINK. IF YOUR STARTUP IS CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE, WE WILL CONTACT YOU BY AUGUST 15.
Components of this program include:
Masterclass – 12:00 noon – 6:00pm – Sept 3 in Kyiv
- Common internationalization pitfalls
- Different international Go-to-Market strategies
- We will introduce and apply different tools – Market Analysis and Business Analysis – for your company to use to assess opportunities and common pitfalls
- Work and get input from an experienced founder in the SaaS vertical
- Exchange experiences and knowledge with other participants
Individual coaching – Ongoing after the training
- Identifying and understanding promising markets for scale-up
- Analyses of these markets
- Building a strategy to become successful in this/these market(s)
Outcomes For Startups That Attend this Program
- Learning common internationalization mistakes and how to prevent those
- Discovering different international strategies, and their applicability
- Acquiring relevant and hands-on tools to start building an international strategy
- Being inspired and having a concrete to-do plan to start scaling internationally
If your startup is not chosen for this training, don’t be discouraged! The companies we choose will be based on those that most closely fit the criteria and will benefit from this training program – it is not about the overall potential success of any one company.