While operating https://techukraine.org/ (“Website”, or “Services”), the public organization TechUkraine as the owner of the Website (“we”, “Organization”, “TechUkraine”, “us”) is committed to being fully transparent as regards our privacy practices.
In this document, you will find out:
- what data we process, how and for what purposes we process your personal data;
- when and how we can share your personal data with third parties;
- how long we store your personal data;
- our protection measures to keep your personal data secure;
- your rights in respect of processing your personal data.
1. What is Personal Data?
Personal data (or data) is any information or set of information about you that enables the person who processes and stores such information to identify you as an individual. For example, it can be your name, identification number, location data, e-mail address, phone number, online IDs (such as IP-address), or any other information about you.
Personal data processing means any operation or set of operations with your personal data, in particular, collection, recording, accumulation, storage, adaptation, alteration, update, use, disclosure, dissemination, depersonalization, destruction of personal data.
The controller of the data collected on the Website is:
Public Organization TechUkraine,
Address: Ukraine, 01030, Kyiv, Simii Khokhlovykh street, house 8, room 536
The Unified State Register code:43257462
2. What Data Do We Collect?
Data connected to donations. When you make a donation to the Organization, we collect and process the following information about you: your name, surname, e-mail address, and the name of your company.
Data of potential partners. On the Website, you can also find a form for those who wish to cooperate with us. By filling out this form, you provide us with the following personal data: your name, surname and e-mail address.
Data connected to ChangeMaker Community. On the Website, you can find the form “Become a Changemaker”. By filling out this form, you provide us with the following personal data: your name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, the name of the company, your position, the company’s website, the company’s activities (role).
Data connected to the newsletters subscription. When you subscribe to our newsletters, we collect and further process your e-mail address. In no case will we overwhelm you with hundreds of letters; moreover, at any time, you can stop receiving our e-mails. If you want to cease this type of communication, click on the “Unsubscribe” link available in each of our e-mails.
Data connected to your requests. You can send a request with suggestions, recommendations, complaints through the “Submit the Request” form or through the form in the “Contacts” section. We collect and process the data you voluntarily provide us with, including your name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, the name of the company you represent, and your position. Besides, you can specify other information about you directly in the request.
Financial information. The Company does not independently collect and process the data necessary for making a donation since all payments are made through the Payment System.
3. Basis and Purpose of Processing Your Data
- Lawful Basis
We process the data you provide to us in connection with the potential partnership, ChangeMaker Community, or newsletters subscription, solely on the basis of your consent, which you express before sending this data. You can revoke this consent at any time by contacting us via the form in the “Contacts” Section. Thereafter, we will delete your personal data.
When you contact us with any request to our e-mail or within the Website, you voluntarily provide us with your personal data. We may collect and process this data in order to provide us with a comprehensive response to your request.
As for the data related to donations, we collect and process it in order to fulfill the contractual relations proposed in the Public offer on providing a charitable donation. In particular, this information is necessary in order to maintain a list of benefactors and to be able to contact them about the intended use of funds by us, etc.
We may also process your personal data under the legitimate interests of the Organization (for example, to protect the Organization against claims and lawsuits, appeals to government agencies, or other persons).
- Processing Purposes
We collect and process the personal data described in the Section above in order to provide you with all necessary Services within our Website.
- Data related to donations – in order to comply with the provisions of the Public Offer for the provision of charitable donations, in particular, to fulfill their reporting obligations, the intended use of the donation, to inform about such use, etc.
- Data of potential partners – in order to be able to contact them to discuss possible forms and means of partnership;
- Data connected to ChangeMaker Community – in order to organize cooperation for people within the IT community
- Data connected to newsletters subscription– in order to send newsletters to the Users-subscribers.
- Data connected with your requests – only to provide you with the comprehensive answers to your requests.
Cookies are small pieces of the code that remain on your device after you visit any website. These pieces enable us to provide you with information tailored to your needs the next time you use the website.
These include technical cookies that are strongly required for the error-free operation of the Website and allow protecting the Website from attacks, providing support to Users, etc. Without them, we will not be able to provide you the Services, so such use does not require your consent.
We use the functional cookies to remember your choice you make while using the Website. For example, they can be:
- Cookies that allow to store information about the preferable language of the User
- Cookies that allow to distinguish two different sessions of the same User, etc.
These cookies are used to collect information about how you use our Website. We use this information to compile reports and to improve the Website operation. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. The information may include the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from, and the pages they visited.
In any case, you can block, delete or disable the storage of cookies on your device if your browser allows it. The following links might be useful for you to choose the best option in your browser:
For the users of Chrome
For the users of Internet Explorer
For the users of Safari web and iOS
For the users of Android
For the users of Firefox
5. How Long Do We Store Your Data?
Data related to donations
During 3 years after making a donation to fulfill our reporting responsibilities
Data of potential partners
During our communication and 3 years after that, in order to be able to offer cooperation when we have a relevant project.
Data connected to ChangeMaker Community
During our communication and cooperation, until your exit from the ChangeMaker Community, in order to communicate with you regarding joint projects, ways of cooperation, etc.
Data connected to newsletters subscription
Until you unsubscribe from the newsletters
Data related to your requests
During our communication when we provide a response to the request and 3 years thereafter.
6. Third Parties Accessing Your Personal Data
We do not sell or transfer your personal data to third parties. However, to provide high-quality services, support the various functions of our Service, and ensure its overall functioning, we hire people, enter into agreements with independent contractors, and cooperate with other services providers, companies, and organizations. For those reasons, some of your personal data can be passed to the stated persons.
In all cases, we adhere to all the requirements of applicable data protection laws and do our best to ensure the data processing security at all stages.
To fulfill the processing purposes, we may share your data with the following persons:
- Our employees and contractors
We may share your data with our employees or verified contractors. We conclude non-disclosure agreements with them to ensure the protection of your personal data.
- Third parties
The Organization engages a number of trusted third-party service providers in order to support different features of our Service and ensure its overall functioning. We also use third-party services to organize our work in the most efficient way and provide our clients with the best customer service.
Therefore, we may provide limited access to your personal data to third-party service providers such as cloud storage services, online business intelligence services, e-mail management services, and payment services providers (payment systems).
- Changemaker Community
With your consent, your contact information may be given to other members of the Changemaker Community for communication with you within the community.
- Government authorities
We may disclose your personal data if required by law. In other words, we may disclose information required for an investigation or legal proceedings at the official request of government agencies. If we are forced to disclose your information, we will immediately inform you and provide a copy of the request unless prohibited by law.
7. We may disclose your personal data if required by law. In other words, we may disclose information required for an investigation or legal proceedings at the official request of government agencies. If we are forced to disclose your information, we will immediately inform you and provide a copy of the request unless prohibited by law.
You have the right to:
- Know the sources of collection, the location of your personal data, the processing purpose, and the location of the the controller or the processor of personal data.
- Receive information about the conditions of providing access to your personal data, including information about third parties to whom your personal data is transferred.
- Access to your personal data and receive the answer as to whether your personal data is processed, as well as receive the content of such personal data.
- Receive a response about whether your personal data is being processed, as well as receive the full copy of such data.
We shall provide the answer to your request no later than 30 calendar days from the date of receiving the request, except otherwise provided by law.
- Submit to us a reasoned objection to your personal data processing.
If the review of such a request reveals that the Organization cannot demonstrate a valid legal basis for data processing that overrides the interests, rights, and freedoms of the User, we will stop processing it and inform you about it.
If the request is not satisfied, we will provide you with a reasoned response to the refusal.
- Submit a reasoned demand to change or destroy your personal data if it is processed illegally or is unreliable, as well as in other cases provided by law.
- To protect your personal data from unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction, damage due to intentional concealment, failure to provide or untimely provision of them, as well as to protect against the provision of information that is inaccurate or defaming honor, dignity, and business reputation.
- Complain about your personal data processing to the Commissioner for Human Rights of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, other regulatory authorities, or the court, and apply legal remedies in case of violation of the legislation on personal data protection.
- Introduce reservations about limiting the right to process your personal data when giving consent.
- Withdraw consent to your personal data processing.
- Know the mechanism of automatic processing of personal data.
- To protect against an automated solution-making that has legal effects for you.
8. Security of Data
We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data from accidental loss or destruction, illegal processing or unauthorized access.
We also use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) to ensure the safe use of the Website.
Besides, we train our staff in secure data processing. In particular, we require our employees and contractors to use strong passwords and enable multi-factor authentication.
9. Where Do We Store Your Data?
All data is stored in databases and file repositories hosted by the hosting service.
11. Contact Information
Public Organization TechUkraine,
Address: Ukraine, 01030, Kyiv, Simii Khokhlovykh street, house 8, room 536
The Unified State Register code 43257462