In March 2020 Dealroom and the Consortium of Ukraine’s leading ecosystem players led by ICU, including UVCA, Western NIS Fund, Horizon Capital, AIN, TechUkraine, and AVentures launched the most extensive ever database of Ukraine’s Tech Ecosystem Ukrainian ecosystem map that was integrated into the TechUkraine portal.
Let’s overview the development of the map and partnership projects between TechUkraine and Dealroom within a year.
A year ago the foremost data provider on startups, growth companies, and tech ecosystems in Europe and around the globe Dealroom launched the Ukrainian ecosystem map – the most extensive ever database of Ukraine’s Tech Ecosystem. Today the platform that integrated into the TechUkraine portal is covering almost 1500 startups, investors, accelerators, investments per industry, and more making it the most extensive startup and venture capital ecosystem in Ukraine.
- The February 2021 total funding amount increased to €122 MLN!
- TOP countries of visitors: Ukraine, the USA, Netherlands, Germany, United Kindom
- The best-viewed page: Startups & Scale-ups
Targeted at founders, VCs and policymakers, this platform aims to showcase Ukraine and the country’s vibrant startup ecosystem. The benefits:
- Find investors using the powerful Investor Matching Tool.
- Visibility: let investors find you. The world’s top VCs use Dealroom to scout for startups to join their portfolio.
- Find clients and partners, and see how others in the ecosystem are doing by using filters and queries.
In July 2020 we had the honor to talk to the founder and CEO of Dealroom.co Yoram Wijngaarde within a series of interviews with global tech professionals who drive the tech ecosystems of countries and cities, develop startup communities and push cutting-edge innovations forward across the globe.
- the Dealroom’s data which push startups, growth companies, and tech ecosystems,
- the path of the Ukrainian tech and key highlights of the Ukrainian Ecosystem Map,
- and the European Startups Dashboard by Dealroom and Sifted.
“Central and Eastern European tech is growing at pace; in the last five years, VC investment grew more than twice as fast in CEE than in Western Europe. Global success stories like Grammarly and rising stars like Insider and Ajax Systems will no doubt inspire the next generation of Ukrainian startups, and attract the attention of global VC. It’s an exciting time for Ukrainian tech”
“Ukrainian Ecosystem Map: As a result of the verified contributions of the Ukrainian tech ecosystem, we have already increased the coverage of Ukrainian startups by 33% since launch“
In March 2021 TechUkraine together with Dealroom.co & WTECH Ukraine represented Ukraine Female-founded startups 1.0 – the first landscape showcasing female-founded startups & scaleups in Ukraine’s fast-growing tech ecosystem that categorizes companies founded and situated in Ukraine across industry verticals.
- mapped over 100 Ukrainian female-founded startups;
- startups and scale-ups from enterprise software and robotics, from gaming to fintech, and fashion to energy: BetterMe, Let’s Enhance, FluroSat Esper Bionics, LeoGaming, 1991 Open Data Incubator, Apostera, Greenbin, Mate academy Rentberry, Allset, nuka, DMarket, Cardiomo, PatentBot, Legal Nodes, Support Your App, Happy Monday, MC.today, SLOVA Tech PR and many other!
- overview of the ecosystem builders and enablers.
Thanks to our partners greencubator, Ukrainian Startup Fund, Ukrainian Hub, UTEW Tech Tribe, Lift99 Kyiv Hub, UNIT.City and many others for support and contribution!