Could you imagine that one of the biggest global machine-building companies of drilling rigs production works in Ukraine and has a 100-years history of global expansion?
Meet Discovery Drilling Equipment (DDE) – a UK company registered in London with engineering and project management based in the UK and US, and two facilities located in Ukraine – in the Lviv region. Founded in 2006 by Andrew Zagorodnyuk and Mark Flenery, today the company’s products work on 5 continents for global leading drilling contractors and oil companies: Shell, bp, Chevron, WDI, Petroleum Development Oman – PDO, and many others.
Discovery Drilling Equipment provides high-level product and service groups:
- New drilling and well service rigs, either land or mobile;
- Wide range of rig components, either structural, mechanical, or electrical;
- Extensive field service support;
- Engineering services;
- Rig refurbishment and modernization advice and project management.
Since 2008 the DDE Engineering Services have been designing with the help of 3D CAD Modeling with Autodesk Inventor™ and Autodesk AutoCAD™ using 3D models for computer simulations in a wide variety of practical contexts, such as:
- The behavior of structures under stress and other conditions;
- Forecasting the strength of structures and mechanisms of their destruction;
- Design of complex systems.
Andrew Zagorodnyuk, CEO of DDE: “Although, in any case, engineering will remain in Ukraine, which, in my opinion, can save Ukraine because we have highly qualified engineers and this is an asset that has huge potential.”