Dealroom.co and Sifted presented the report Startup cities in the Entrepreneurial Age – key findings:
- Global VC investment is up 2.3x year-on-year growth, with more than €264B invested globally in 2021, and Europe is the fastest growing region for VC investment.
- There are now 170 “unicorn cities” with one or more unicorn, of which 65 in Europe.
- Since 2014, the number of cities with one unicorn grew from 28 to 71. The number of cities with over 10 unicorns grew from 2 to 29.
- Of the 28 citi ture capital is crushing previous records in 2021 – over €264B, H1
- Europe’s share of global venture capital is higher than it’s ever been, now 18%. China’s share of global Venture Capital has been shrinking.
- Northern Europe has been one of the world’s fastest growing regions for VC investment.
- Fastest growing new Unicorn Cities, 2015-2021: Zurich (Metro), Copenhagen, Oslo, Hamburg, Malmo