KPMG Ukraine presents M&A Radar H1 2021 – highlights:
- After a rollercoaster year of ups and downs, H1 2021 saw Ukrainian M&A retum to growth in terms of deal volume (up 77 percent vs H1 2020).
- 8 deals worth a combined USD157 million were announced in the innovation and technology sector: Creatio (Terrasoft Ukraine), airSlate, Preply, Scalarr, 3DLOOK and others.
- This is a staggering fivefold increase in deal value compared with the same period of the previous year (H1 2020: USD31 million).
- All deals in the innovations and technology sector were made by foreign investors, mainly private-equity and venture-capital funds located in North America, Europe, and the CIS.
- The first of the three largest deals that took place in H1 2021 saw growth-equity fund Volition Capital (in co-investment with Horizon Capital) invest USD68 million in Creatio; a US-headquartered business involved in low-code platforms for process management and CRM with its major base of operations located in Ukraine.