ClimateLaunchpad sixth National Final in Ukraine!
On September 4, 2021, greencubator holds the sixth ClimateLaunchpad Ukraine National Final, the world’s biggest competition for green business ideas. It is an opportunity for the Ukrainian startups to tell the whole world about their climate-friendly ideas. Even if the idea is still just on a napkin, it can be heard and supported within the competition!
This year the competition brought together 56 countries from all regions of the world. Despite the pandemic challenges, 10 Ukrainian startups with promising projects on clean energy, urban solutions, adaptation and resilience, the circular economy, participate in the national selection:
- BIOC — a corn starch bioplastic
- Eco City Space — eco-location with a recycling station in Kharkiv
- Zebud — zero energy building without utility bills
- VermiHub — aims to transform the common mindset about day to day household organic waste
- H2U Valley — renewable hydrogen plant
- SV-eko plus — a wind penetrating dynamic solar power plant
- Slonoblock — building blocks made of sustainable materials for zero energy houses construction
- Grow With You — subscription-based renting/sharing toys service
- KoloTrack — loud services for organic production management
- Проект Прийомка — using waste for good purposes as new ideas, start-ups, projects, or local problem-solving.
Before the national finals, all teams undergo intensive theoretical and practical preparation — the ClimateLaunchpad training program, which covers the most important aspects of a startup’s life cycle. The training aims to teach startups to think and act like entrepreneurs and prepare their pitch deck to present their projects at the National Final.
Each team will have 5 minutes for a pitch and 3 minutes for the jury’s questions. 3 National Final winners pass to the Regional Final. This year, for the first time in the ClimateLaunchpad history, regional selection for Eastern Europe and the Middle East will occur in Ukraine! The best regional teams will compete in the Grand Final. Its winners can win money prizes and get into the EIT Climate-KIC accelerator. Even more important is that the Grand Final winners also get a large-scale PR, become a part of green entrepreneurs global network, meet potential partners, investors, and customers.
You can support the Ukrainian teams online. Find more about the National Final at the event’s Facebook page:
Register here: https://bit.ly/CLP21UA