On October 12th, the Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union on the participation of our country in the EU`s “Creative Europe” programme (2021-2027) was signed.
- Ukraine’s participation in the programme will contribute to the development of more dynamic and capable sector of culture and creative industries, spreading of cooperation between professionals, promotion of European values and the “agenda” in Ukrainian society as well as strengthening cultural relations with the European Union.
- The EU’s Creative Europe programme aims to support and strengthen the competitiveness of the European cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors, as well as the development and promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity and the preservation of Europe’s cultural heritage.
For 2021-2027, the programme has a budget of 2.4 billion euros and is implemented under 3 strands:
- “Culture” — covers all sectors of cultural and creative industries, except for audiovisual; support is provided to international cooperation projects, professional networks, platforms for the promotion of European artists and works, mobility of artists and professionals in the field of culture, as well as in the field of book publishing and literary translation;
- “Media” — supports the development and dissemination of audiovisual works: innovative tools and business models, film festivals, distribution of European films, project development, TV and online content, cinema networks, film education and audience development;
- “Cross-sectoral cooperation” — supports the network of national Desks of the programme; supports the news media sector through the promotion of media literacy, quality journalism, freedom of speech and pluralism.
In 2019, the international multidisciplinary festival of contemporary art GOGOLFEST became one of the five festivals awarded by the Prize, which is awarded every two years to the most interesting and most creative art festivals in Europe within the project “Europe for Festivals – Festivals for Europe”.