Ukrainian Maksym Kovalenko, the science star in one of the world-renowned ETH Zürich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and Empa – Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology, is named the influencer of the year!
- This year, for the first time, three Empa researchers are on the scientific “Who’s Who” list: in 2021, Empa researchers Bernd Nowack, Maksym Kovalenko and Roman Fasel will be honored as “Highly Cited Researchers”.
- The influence of researchers is not measured by “followers” or “likes,” but by how often their work is cited by other scientists. Only the authors of the one percent of the most cited scientific papers in various disciplines are awarded the title of “Highly Cited Researcher” by the analysis company “Clarivate”.
- Maksym Kovalenko made it to nearly 5,000 referrals from other researchers this year alone. Two of his papers have been cited more than 3,000 times each, which is exceptional. This is the fourth time Kovalenko has been among the “Highly Cited Researchers.”
- Maksym Kovalenko is a chemist who develops innovative research on inorganic nanocrystals and their use for electronic and optoelectronic devices, which could be employed in television displays, solar cells, photodetectors, or detectors for radioactivity, or even future quantum communications technologies.
- In 2021, Harvard University named the most highly cited scientists of 214 researchers, 17 of them are from ETH Zurich, including Maksym Kovalenko!
Read more about Maksym Kovalenko’s science projects in our interview