Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem Achievements 2021: SoftServe
What are the key achievements of 2021 (Top 3)?
- For Softserve 2021 is very dynamic year in terms of our growth. First of all, we hired more than 5000 people in 2021. In July, we surpassed a significant milestone in our history when we welcomed our 10,000th employee. As of the end of the year, SoftServe has more than 12 500 specialists worldwide, and we are growing.
- Also, we expanded our geography in Ukraine and abroad. SoftServe opened new offices in four cities in Ukraine: Vinnytsia, Khmelnytskyi, Uzhhorod, and Odesa. We also invested in building a creative campus in Lviv that will reflect our vision of the workplace of the future.
- We are proud of opening the office in Dubai. The Middle East is a developing and dynamic region with an expanding client base, and we see it as an important part of our global expansion strategy. And there is more to come.
- Despite our fast growth and hybrid format of work when most of the team works remotely, we have reached a record NPS and eNPS rates. It shows that our clients and employees are satisfied with the company, and we have successfully managed to organize our work and collaboration in the new realities.
Which challenges were the most impactful during the year?
- On the one hand, we hired a record number of professionals this year. On the other hand, we still have more than 700 open positions at the end of the year and the industry needs more talent than the market can provide.
- This challenge of overheated talent market positively impacted on improving internal talent development activities, introducing new joint programs and even new forms of education in universities like dual form of education.
How will Ukrainian tech be developing? Approach, projections and perspectives for 2022?
- In the next few years, the global and Ukrainian IT industry will work in a condition of an overheated talent market.
- Companies will need to invent new ways of attracting employees in a situation of overwhelming demand.
- Much more, we continue to work in a hybrid format – and there will be more challenges and changes on the way.
- How to integrate people, support the company’s values and implement corporate culture online?
Businesses will pay a lot of attention to these challenges because the old approaches need to be transformed.
Yaroslav Lyubinets, chairman of the board at SoftServe
SoftServe – the advisor and provider to help modern organizations (re)identify differentiation through cutting-edge technology. and transforms with the power of Big Data, IoT, DevOps, and security.