Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem Achievements 2021: AI HOUSE
What are the key achievements of 2021?
In 2021, businesses and governments worldwide started realizing that they couldn’t keep on ignoring artificial intelligence anymore because AI can significantly improve our lives and make them more efficient.
The year 2021 saw the development and growth of AІ companies worldwide. We want Ukraine to become an AI hub in Europe. We also want as many AI product companies as possible to emerge in our country. For this purpose, we created a social initiative AI HOUSE.
Our engineers are among the best in the world
Our mission is to contribute to the development of AI professionals, talents who create, experiment, and make new AI products in Ukraine.
We realize that we need to put in a lot of effort to achieve this ambitious goal! However, we are not just dreamers – we have all the necessary resources and support of the local AI community to make it real.
The official launch of AI HOUSE took place at the beginning of October, and during this time, we have:
- Launched Deep Learning Creator School and had fifteen students graduate from it.
- Held the AI HOUSE Conference with international speakers, including the artificial intelligence research guru Kai-Fu Lee (250 participants, 12 speakers from around the world, 8 hours of unique content about AI)
- Become a partner of the Pan-Ukrainian Team Olympics in Informatics (1038 participants and 146 teams reached the final, and 48 teams were awarded the prizes).
- Launched a winter school on the practice of organizing researches in the field of machine learning, “How to run an effective machine learning research 2022,” together with the Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU).
Which challenges were the most impactful during the year?
The inspiration for AI HOUSE was the rapid development of both the Ukrainian and international AI sectors.
We decided to organize a new initiative that will become a real alma mater for future business leaders who will create Ukrainian AI product companies.
We want to create a community for expert practitioners of international business and academia to share their experience and knowledge with young talents. After all, we will see technology companies created by Ukrainians in Ukraine.
Part of the mission at AI House is to bridge the gap between the general public and the tech community and demonstrate the transformative power of AI. We want to explain that the fear of a robo-ap’ocalypse (əˈpäkəˌlips) is ungrounded 🙂
How will Ukrainian tech be developing? Approach, projections and perspectives for 2022?
- Growing partnership and cooperation between academia and business; between business and young talents
- Increase in the number of educational initiatives
- Increase in the number of companies associated with Al
About AI HOUSE
AI HOUSE – a project, initiated by Roosh, with the aim to create an educational AI ecosystem for local industry experts and young talents. The platform will offer the opportunity to build world-class AI ventures in Ukraine.
Roosh — a Kyiv-based tech company, creating and investing into ambitious projects, primarily powered by AI and ML. Besides AI HOUSE they have also launched a venture firm Roosh Ventures, a venture studio that builds machine learning startups Pawa, startups Reface and ZibraAI.