Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem Achievements 2021: BRISE Capital
What are the key achievements of 2021?
In general, the year was full of remarkable events and milestones, but I will highlight three of them:
- BRISE reached the number of 10 invested companies;
- multiple growths of all teams in the portfolio;
- first exit (our portfolio company was acquired by Pinterest).
Which challenges were the most impactful during the year?
- The main challenge for us and, quite sure, for other IT-market players was keeping growth balance while having a huge problem with the overheated employee market.
- Secondly, I would name the opening of the Ukrainian tech ecosystem to foreign stakeholders, investors first of all. There were a lot of projects and initiatives to promote Ukraine as a real gem on the IT map of Europe and the world this year. I hope we will see the results of these actions already in the nearest future.
How will Ukrainian tech be developing? Approach, projections and perspectives for 2022?
- We believe that the next leap for the ecosystem lays in the field of tech education. The development of ed institutions in quantity and quality will let us continue double-digit growth in the next years.
- Also, the implementation of the new legislation will definitely affect the ecosystem (Diia.City, Fund of Funds, etc.) in 2022.
- And, finally, we see a great perspective in growing numbers of investments into Ukrainian tech product companies.
Oleksandr Yatsenko, Managing Partner at BRISE Capital
About BRISE Capital
BRISE Capital – a family office specialized in MarTech and E-commerce domains. Currently, we operate in Ukraine and scout teams from CEE. We are targeted on startups who build companies in our verticals or use SaaS and Marketplace business models.