Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem Achievements 2021: Preply
What are the key achievements of 2021?
- Opening of the American office. The Preply team, in addition to offices in Ukraine and Spain, now has a representative office in the United States. It currently has up to 10 specialists, the number of which tends to grow;
- Preply continues to work on the development of group lessons on the platform and B2B products. For instance, “Preply English Group Classes“ was launched on Product Hunt.
- The platform won several awards in 2021. For example, Preply was selected as one of the 100 best EdTech projects in North America, according to HolonIQ. We also received the Ukrainian Startup Awards in the nomination: The Revenue Hack of 2020.
Which challenges were the most impactful during the year?
Preply attracted a round of B-round investment of $35 million in March 2021. The participants of the round became Owl Ventures and Full In Partners. And those who had previously invested in the company: Point Nine Capital, Hoxton Ventures, EduCapital, All Iron, Diligent Capital, and Evli Growth Partners. The round was also joined by angel investors: David Helgason, co-founder of Unity Software, and Niklas Ostberg, CEO of Delivery Hero.
How will Ukrainian tech be developing? Approach, projections and perspectives for 2022?
- Development of projects aimed at personalization and individual approach to users. In this regard, the development and experiments on the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in tech projects and online platforms will continue;
- Corporate training. Companies and their top management are interested in specialists quickly and efficiently acquiring new knowledge and effectively improving their skills. Therefore, EdTech platforms need to pay attention to the development of this field. That includes providing users with quality learning management systems (LMS), which can be used to track learning progress.
Preply – an online learning platform that connects students with tutors, primarily focusing on language learning.