Ukrainian Tech Ecosystem Achievements 2021: Ajax Systems
What are the key achievements of 2021 (Top 3)?
2021 was a landmark year for Ajax Systems. We expanded the geography of our presence, delved into markets, and entered new product categories.
- A customer-centric approach to Ajax product development allowed us to gain loyalty in a geometric progression. In August 2021, we celebrated our first million Ajax users, and today it is 1,250,536.
- The Ajax Systems R&D team has grown in quality and quantity. We opened R&D offices in Vinnytsia and Lviv, and today, the engineering team of Ajax Systems is made up of 374 people.
- Thanks to the comprehensive R&D improvement, the Ajax product line has grown to a record 18 new devices over last year, including the revolutionary Fibra wired line.
Which challenges were the most impactful during the year?
- The global semiconductor shortage affected the entire hardware market, including Ajax Systems. Manufacturers and suppliers cut orders, and every week one of the needed components went to allocation.
- The well-coordinated work of the Procurement department that purchases component parts and the R&D team made it possible to stay resilient and go through these turbulent times without having to stop production.
How will Ukrainian tech be developing? Approach, projections and perspectives for 2022?
- We believe that 2022 will be the heyday for technology in Ukraine. The adoption of Diia City special legal mode will stimulate the rapid growth of the IT industry and digital economy overall.
- Special conditions for taxation introduced by the Law will encourage the establishment of new product companies in Ukraine. Furthermore, in times of IT specialists shortage, it is the best way to attract foreign professionals to come and improve the tech landscape.
About Ajax Systems
Ajax Systems is a European developer and manufacturer of professional security equipment. The company has two plants in Kyiv and four R&D offices in Kyiv, Kharkiv, Vinnytsia, Lviv and employs more than 1,800 specialists, 350 of them in the R&D department. The Ajax product line includes a full range of IoT devices: intrusion and fire detectors, leak detectors, relays and smart sockets, integration modules, and control devices. Ajax systems are used by more than 1,200,000 users in 130 countries.