GreenTech in Ukraine: Greencubator presented the II phase of the Climate Innovation Vouchers
At the beginning of the event, Roman Zinchenko, cofounder of Greencubator, showcased the key achievements of the first phase of the project:
- Six Ukrainian companies received Vouchers total amount of 240,000 euros in 2021.
- Now they are already implementing green innovations in business.
- Last year’s winners include recycled plastic panels for interiors, agricultural drones, sustainable residential complexes, new wastewater treatment technologies, and more.
- Such as Delfast, The Good Plastic Company, Ekodar Architectural Studio, Enzyme, Dominion, and Viva Victoria won the Climate Innovation Vouchers.
After the official part, Olga Zubchyk, the project lead of the Climate Innovation Vouchers, introduced the details of the financial scheme: climate-friendly businesses can receive up to € 50,000 to develop or implement environmental technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase energy efficiency.
- Climate Innovation Vouchers is a grant program aimed to support green projects development among Ukrainian companies. Winners can use the grant funds for services that improve or finalize their innovations and bring low-carbon products and projects to market.
- The Voucher can cover the cost of services for prototyping climate technologies, certification, testing and patenting, IT components development, marketing services, etc.
- SMB that implement or develop environmentally friendly technologies, registered as legal entities (private companies) in Ukraine, operate for at least one year before the application and are ready to co-finance at least 25 % of the grant amount can participate in the Voucher program.
The key selection and evaluation criteria are:
- innovation level
- greenhouse gas emission level
- adaptability and scalability
- market potential.
Also, Greencubator held two panels where participants discussed investment opportunities for GreenTech in Ukraine, the development of the projects, and the potential to scale up globally.
The experts of the first panel “Who invest in Ukrainian CleanTech”:
- Sergiy Maslichenko, founder of Green Investment Fund
- Oleksandr Nikolayenko, the head of the department for investments attraction in sustainable development, EBRD
- Vlad Tyslenko, Partner at SMRK VC Fund
- Oleksandra Balkova, Partner at Startup Wise Guys
- Roman Kravchenko, founder of IoT Hub
- Slava Pidlisniy, Managing Partner at Network.Investments, Startup.Network group
The speakers-entrepreneurs of the second panel “Success stories by the winners of the Climate Innovation Vouchers“:
- Anton Bulygin, founder of Integro SD
- Viktoria Syedova, COO of The Good Plastic Company
- Sergiy Kovalenkov, founder Hempire
Visit the Climate Innovation Vouchers on the website to learn more and apply Deadline 28.02.2022.
There are also online consultations every Thursday in Zoom (20.01, 27.01, 3.02, 10.02, 17.02, 24.02) on the project and the application filling for potential participants of the grant competition. Register here
Contact person: Olga Zubchuk, email@example.com.