- The company will use the current investments for the recruitment campaign for Ukrainian office (already opened over 20 vacancies).
- Wirex bridges the gap between traditional fiat money and cryptocurrency by giving our customers access to multi-currency (crypto and fiat) accounts, blockchain-powered cross-border transfers, exchange services and the Wirex Visa card.
- It’s the first company in the world to issue a payment card that lets people use cryptocurrency in day-to-day life, and launched Cryptoback™, the world’s first crypto-based rewards programme.
- The company has more than 4.5 million registered users in 130 countries and territories around the world.
- At the beggining of February, Wirex launched in the USA.
- Wirex was created in 2014 by CEOs and co-founders Pavel Mateev and Dmitry Lazarichev, who identified the need to open up the esoteric world of cryptocurrencies and make digital money accessible for everyone. With the core aim of making it as easy as possible to use digital assets in everyday life, Wirex provides a trusted and cost-effective service for crypto and traditional currency transactions by incorporating the next generation of payments infrastructure integrated with cryptocurrency blockchains.
“We had a successful launch in the USA at the beginning of this month. As a consequence, we plan to use these funds to invest in people, processes and growth, with a view to scaling our operations. We anticipate a significant Series B round to be concluded in 2022, which will reflect the growth of our company valuation. We’re extremely excited by the 2022 roadmap and believe this will be a breakthrough year for the company,” says Wirex’s CEO and Co-Founder, Pavel Matveev
According to Ruslan Kolodyazhnyi, Wirex CTO and Head of Wirex R&D, over 4.5 million people around the globe use Wirex, developed by more than 250 highly qualified Ukrainian IT specialists. There are immient plans to rapidly expand the Development team.
“Wirex uses cutting-edge technology to develop products based on microservice architecture and blockchain. We’re now looking for professional developers and IT specialists to work remotely on our products from all over Ukraine. We plan to develop new functionality such as payment and trading tools, and integrate new blockchain protocols, DeFi applications, and scale the product in new markets,” says Kolodyazhnyi.