Yesterday Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
Dmytro Kuleba, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, in Twitter:
“Horrific Russian rocket strikes on Kyiv. Last time our capital experienced anything like this was in 1941 when it was attacked by Nazi Germany. Ukraine defeated that evil and will defeat this one. Stop Putin. Isolate Russia. Severe all ties. Kick Russia out of everywhere.”
- Now the future of Europe and world security is at stake in Ukraine.
- Ukraine defends not only its independence but also freedom, common values, democracy and security of Europe.
- The aim of the invasion is to eliminate Ukrainian statehood and to establish a regime loyal to Moscow.
- This represents an act of war, a gross violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, the UN Charter and the fundamental norms and principles of international law.
- Under article 51 of the UN Charter, Ukraine has activated its right to self-defense.
- Russian troops invaded the territory of Ukraine from Russia, Belarus and the occupied Crimea.
- Russian air forces and artillery are shelling Ukrainian cities, military bases and command centers, posing direct threats and casualties among civilians.
- Ukrainian army is repelling attacks by the Russian invasion troops.
Tell the truth — share verified information from Ukrainian official sources: https://lnkd.in/dU9v6ScK
Impose devastating sanctions, including:
- Provide Ukraine with weapons and military equipment
- Provide Ukraine with financial assistance
- Fully isolate Russia by all means, in all formats
- Provide Ukraine with humanitarian assistance