Startup Voice by Ukrainian Startup Fund: survey results of startup ecosystem of Ukraine. In order to promptly respond to the new challenges facing participants in the startup ecosystem of Ukraine under the martial law, USF conducted an online survey of the ecosystem.
About 150 founders of Ukrainian startups took part in the survey.
Respondents answered questions about the possibility of continuing their activities, in particular, the need for relocation, team work, the need for funding and investment, further project development plans and more.
The results of the study allow us to analyze the current state of the Ukrainian startup ecosystem. In particular:
- regarding the location of startup teams: 71% — in Ukraine, 28% — partly abroad, 1% — abroad;
- regarding the continuation of their activities by startups: 24,3% — continue to work, 46,7% — partially work, 28% — do not work, 1% — have changed the scope of their activities;
- on the availability of savings to continue the activities of startups: 38,5% of respondents have savings for a maximum of 1 month, 37,2% for 1-3 months, 16,7% — for 3-6 months, 7,6% — for six months and more.
- In addition, the results of the survey showed that 37,4% of startups need to relocate the project and team on a temporary or permanent basis.
- 41,1% of startups today do not have savings and financial opportunities to continue their activities.
- At the same time, 85% of respondents have a clear vision of what to do next and continue to build plans for their own future projects.
- The vast majority of surveyed startups (99% of respondents) said they needed financial support.
The summary of the survey will be sent to the global media, international partners, investors and the community to find the most relevant solutions and support the activity of the start-up ecosystem.