How the IT industry is contributing to Ukraine’s victory
- According to a survey conducted by the IТ Ukraine Association, since the very beginning of the war, almost 2% of IT professionals mainly with a military experience have joined the Armed Forces.
- In some small companies with a staff of up to 200 people, 20% of specialists joined the army.
- 5% of IT experts are highly involved in the fight at the information front, in the field of state cybersecurity and support of critical infrastructure facilities.
- At the same time, there are companies where almost 100% of specialists work in the cyber forces right now.
- Ukraine’s economy is now defended by more than 85% of IT professionals.
All citizens of Ukraine today are trying to do their best to win the war. Therefore, the Ukrainian IT industry remains a stable source of foreign exchange earnings in the country’s economy and helps ensure the digital security of the state. IT companies provide financial assistance to our defenders and citizens. During the first days of the war, IT companies transferred more than $ 25 million to support the Army, citizens with humanitarian aid and the country with taxes paid in advance. Currently, the IT industry is one of the few that can be the basis of the rear and economy recovery, reducing the risks of humanitarian catastrophe due to the loss of jobs by the vast majority of the population, – Konstantin Vasyuk, Executive Director of the Association of IT Ukraine.