The number of IT specialists in western regions of Ukraine has tripled, Stepan Veselovskyi, CEO of Lviv ІТ Cluster, said today during press conference in Ukraine Media Center.
- 20,000 IT specialists are currently working in Transcarpathia, compared to one thousand.
- In Lviv, the number of IT specialists could grow from the pre-war 30,000 up to 100,000.
- There is even a growing number of new contracts that companies enter into despite all the difficulties. Temporary new hubs have opened in the West due to the relocation.
According to Mr. Veselovskiy, most Ukrainian IT market players have not only successfully relocated their companies from the oblasts where hostilities take place to the western regions, but also managed to restore their pre-war productivity almost completely.
«After the victory, we will have a change in the landscape of technological hubs. Transcarpathia could become the next techno-hub. The hub in the Ivano-Frankivsk region will also be strengthened», – Stepan Veselovskiy is convinced.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.