DOU asked the top managers of Ukrainian tech product and service companies about the current situation in the industry after more than 40 days of war and the projections of the future of the sphere.
Key steps for support and recovering tech industry by Roman Sheremeta, founding director of American University Kyiv:
- provide tax breaks instead of permanent subsidies for a limited period to help growing companies.
- help companies with finding the venture capital: launch government and private funds
- develop a plan of cooperation with Western partners for IT (legal framework, support with IPO, etc)
- to warn the economic imbalance in Ukrainian regions, which may arise after the mass relocation of IT to the west from the east, many cities of which destroyed by war.
Read insightful longread that demonstrate the powerful resilience and strength of the tech in Ukraine, even in wartime
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.