Brave Ukrainian Tech Will Showcase Hardware Innovations at CES 2023 in Las Vegas
The Ukrainian tech industry, one of the biggest tech powerhouses in Europe, demonstrates unprecedented resilience during 10 months of full-scale invasion and russian brutal aggression. The innovative sector is one of the few that has quickly resumed full-fledged work and is able to support Ukraine’s economy with foreign currency earnings even in wartime. The IT services export grew to 10% compared to last year, bringing in more than $6 billion in revenue, surpassing the 2021 figure by $542 million.
According to the report “RUSSIAN AGGRESSION IN UKRAINE: How do Ukrainian startups survive” by Polish-Ukrainian Startup Bridge, 12% of the surveyed companies closed their operations after the russian invasion. But despite all threats, most of the Ukrainian startups and founders decided to preserve, develop, give hope and support Ukraine during the war and reconstruction after defeating the aggressor.
Ukrainians didn’t choose to live in war, but we chose to win it. Today Ukraine is the outpost of defending the democratic values of the free world. The courageous Ukrainian Army is protecting the global security system. It’s the most technological war ever: Ukraine became the military tech and cyber hub, demonstrating a unique ability to mobilize, invent, and quickly implement high-tech solutions on the ground (Starlinks, etc.), top-notch expertise in cyber war (decentralized cyber units led by Ukrainian professionals and Ukrainian IT Army), developing drones, UAV, software for the military, medtech & tech for good solutions. Ukrainian IT continues to work at full capacity, providing superior service for clients worldwide, scaling internationally, and supporting the country in the humanitarian and financial spheres.
The main goal of the Ukrainian delegation at CES 2023 is to present the high-level startups, powerful Ukrainian tech ecosystem, and investment potential to the global IT community and loudly declare that the best time to invest in Ukraine is now, – Dmytro Kuzmenko, Executive Director at UVCA – Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association.
Within the conference the Ukrainian delegation will present:
- Ukrainian hardware startups pavilion
- Pitch competition in front of US investors
- Potentia of investments, cooperation and partnership with Ukrainian tech
- Victories on the technological front by Ukrainian innovators
Ukrainian hardware startups
- Releaf PAPER & BAGS – the world’s first manufacturer of paper packaging made from fallen leaves.
- Rekava – the Ukrainian brand of biodegradable products made from reused coffee grounds. The startup’s products include rekava cups, rekava pots, and rekava candles.
- Melt Water Club – the technical solution for obtaining premium drinking water, thanks to the innovative Freezing Process technology.
- OptySun filters – the technology of water purification and disinfection in any conditions.
- i3 Engineering – the complete solution for Smart Home projects and business’s automation, which consists of controllers mounted on a DIN-rail, software and mobile application.
- Nanit Robot – the STEM Robotics education solution with a high engineering perspective and a creative learning process for kids and adults.
- Corner – the modern, frictionless way to set up a renovation with a pre-designed kitchen entirely online.
- Knopka – the advanced nurse call system for patient care automation on hospital beds.
- WheelKeep – the invisible security system that helps cycling enthusiasts to protect their bikes from thefts and enjoy the freedom of everyday cycling. It includes a smart hardware device and a mobile application.
- Solar Plex – the service for upgrading new and already installed conventional solar (PV) panels into hybrid (PVT) ones.
- Еfarm.pro – the IOT navigation field assistant for agricultural work that allows you to save resources and work more accurately.
- G-Mak – the innovative security device equipped with a number of unique technological solutions that can physically stop or disorient an intruder.
Every time the Ukrainian delegation presents its projects in the international arena, it impressed investors, potential partners and customers. And CES 2023 will not be an exception. The innovative potential of Ukraine is growing every day, and CES 2023 will be one more opportunity to demonstrate the strength and innovation of the Ukrainian technological ecosystem, – Paladiieva Yana, Head of innovative voucher program at Ukrainian Startup Fund.
The Ukrainian tech delegation invites attendees and media representatives to visit the pavilion of Joint National Trade Mission and side events during the CES 2023.
When & Where: January 5-8, Eureka Park, Las Vegas, the USA
Organization of the Ukrainian delegation at CES 2023 became possible due to the joint work of Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA), Ukrainian Startup Fund together with USAID Competitive Economy Program in Ukraine (USAID CEP), Western NIS Enterprise Fund, Global Innovation through Science and Technology and Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine. Information partner: TechUkraine.
Everything is TECHable with Ukraine!