Lviv ІТ Cluster in cooperation with Lviv Military Administration, and the Air Command West will implement Sky project
- It aims at technical modernization of the command and reporting centers of the Air Command West.
- Modernization includes a complete replacement of existing computer equipment, network equipment, and screens for navigation display systems. It is planned to also modernize the Air Command’s operations centers as part of the second stage of the project.
- Details about the Sky project implementation are not disclosed for security reasons. However, Air Command West notes that modernization has already started. And air defense specialists will now work even more efficiently.
Stepan Veselovskyi, CEO of Lviv IT Cluster: “From the first day of the full-scale Russian offensive, we have been actively involved in helping our city and country. Therefore, we try to be as useful as possible to help our military. The issue of a safe sky is extremely important. Our community that unites more than 200 IT companies is pleased to join the initiative that will make our sky safer.”
Maksym Kozytskyi, head of the Lviv Military Administration: “During the first two months of Russia’s full-scale war against Ukraine over the Lviv region alone, specialists of the Air Command West of the Air Defence Forces of Ukraine shot down more than 20 missiles and about 10 Russian drones. And we are just one of the areas where the Air Command works. That’s why the Air Defense Centers need to be well-equipped.”
You can donate to TechUkraine here.
Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
There are several other organizations to support:
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.