Climate Innovation Vouchers are returning and providing up to € 50,000 grant support to green companies.Ukrainian entrepreneurs can apply for a grant to develop or implement technologies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, increase energy efficiency and prevent climate change until May 31, 2022.
From the very beginning in Ukraine, Climate Innovation Vouchers aimed to support companies developing and implementing climate-friendly innovations. While the treacherous aggression against our state continues has been continued, climate oriented companies need even more support. That is why it is crucial to help these companies that take care of Ukraine’s green future.
The grant program is designed for small and medium-sized businesses implementing or developing environmentally friendly technologies, registered as private companies in Ukraine at least one year before the application, and are ready to co-finance 25 % of the grant amount.
Winners can use the grant funds for services that improve or finalize their innovations and bring them to market. The Voucher can cover the cost of services for prototyping climate technologies, certification, testing and patenting, IT components development, marketing services, etc.
- The key selection and evaluation criteria are innovation and realism, greenhouse gas emission, adaptability, scalability, and market potential.
- Visit the Climate Innovation Vouchers website to learn more and apply: https://climate.biz/.
- Climate Innovation Voucher consultations will take place weekly. Registration and details at the link: https://bit.ly/CIVcons.
Since 2017 more than 30 companies have received vouchers for almost € 1,240,000. The Vouchers helped implement eco-initiatives and bring companies to new markets. Among the most successful Vouchers winners are Delfast — which manufactures Guinness World Record holder electric bikes, collecting multimillion-dollar investments and enthusiastic reviews in the world media; Go To-U is an electric vehicle charging station management platform that recently closed the investment round with ABB EL Ventures and ABB Technology Ventures; The Good Plastic Company manufactures recycled plastic dimensional panels that use by major retailers like Nike and Adidas; Prengi is a platform for managing real estate maintenance processes for such giants as Ukrposhta, Novus, KFS, British American Tobacco; Enzyme leading yeast producer in Ukraine.
The Climate Innovation Vouchers project is a component of the EBRD’s Finance and Technology Transfer Centre for Climate Change (FINTECC) program, supported by the EU under the EU4CLIMATE initiative. In 2017, Ukraine became the first country to benefit from the EBRD’s proposed voucher scheme.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.