The Ukrainian government hopes to join the European Union’s program that funds digital projects.
Minister of Digital Transformation Mykhailo Fedorov within POLITICO’s event «Tech 28. The power players behind the European Tech revolution» in Brussels: “We hope that already in June we will be able to join the Digital Europe program … These are our hopes and aspirations and we will do our best to join the programs. But it depends on the European Commission,”
- Fedorov met with the European Commission’s Executive Vice President Margrethe Vestager and is scheduled to meet Internal Market Commissioner Thierry Breton on Thursday.
- Europe’s Digital Europe funding scheme, which is run by the Commission, supports tech and innovation projects across the EU, with companies from outside Europe also invited to join bids.
- Ukraine has been soliciting support from European countries for its defenses against the russian army and is increasingly asking European countries for support in rebuilding its economy and infrastructure in parts of the country where the war has subsided.
Mykhailo Fedorov, Ukrainian digital minister, was featured at POLITICO’s annual ranking of the 28 power players behind Europe’s tech revolution
“After helping the Volodymyr Zelenskyy get elected, the former digital marketing executive has transformed his ministry into ground zero for the digital war against the Kremlin. His team has recruited thousands of Ukrainian and foreign cyber experts to both combat Russian attacks and to target possible Kremlin vulnerabilities so that Kyiv can go on the offensive.”
POLITICO’s annual ranking of the 28 power players behind Europe’s tech revolution. In addition to an overall No. 1, the list is divided into three categories — rulemakers, rulebreakers and visionaries — each representing a different type of power.
There are several other organizations to support:
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.