Antwerp is a proud innovation city in Flanders. There are plenty of great start-ups, scale-ups and tech companies headquartered here. However, many of them report a challenge in finding enough skilled people to grow their businesses.
- Ukraine has around 500,000 Tech specialists; it is the biggest Tech market in Europe. Many of them, however, have left their homes and have started a new life in Flanders due to current dangerous circumstances. Therefore, it is an excellent opportunity for Ukraine and Antwerp to stimulate each other’s growth.
- To meet the mentioned circumstances, the City of Antwerp, Dunden, Cronos Group and The Beacon have united their efforts to create the matchmaking platform Work4U. It will connect Antwerp Tech companies with Ukrainian IT professionals (settled in Flanders).
- In terms of the project, we are happy to announce the opening of the series of matchmaking events in Antwerp. These events include online matchmaking and physical events on-site in Antwerp:
- June 1 | 1st networking event in The Beacon (4pm-6pm)
- June 21 | 2nd networking event in Dunden (3pm-5pm)
It is an excellent opportunity to get insights into the Antwerp Tech market and find potential dream jobs and employers.
How does it work?
Arrange the meetings with the most suitable/interested parties
Meet at one of our locations in Antwerp!
The agenda of the event 01/06
Location: The Beacon, Sint-Pietersvliet 7, 2000 Antwerpen
15:30 Walk in & registration
16:00 Welcome word by the organizers
16:15 Meeting the candidates ( 1.30h)
17:45 Wrap up of the event, informal part
The agenda of the event 21/06
Location: Dunden, Lange Gasthuisstraat 29/31, 2000 Antwerpen
14:30 Walk in
15:00 Welcome word by the organizers
15:15 Meeting the candidates ( 1.30h)
16:45 Wrap up of the event, informal part
These events are initiated by Margot Hermans (Dunden) Iris Delafortry (Dunden), Inna Stelmakh (TechUkraine.org), Michaël Geelhand de Merxem (The Beacon | Innovation Community), Caroline Pasmans, Human Resources Specialist at Divirsiti / De Cronos Groep Special thank you to Dries Hendrickx for providing a Conversation Starter platform to the participants. Special thank you to the City of Antwerp, The Beacon and Dunden for the financial support of the team’s initiative!