StartupBlink presented the 2022 Startup Ecosystem Index ranking the startup ecosystems of 100 countries and 1000 cities
- Due to the effects of the war, Ukraine had a strong decrease of 16 places but managed to remain in the global top 50, ranked 50th. It ranks 30th in Europe, after decreasing 9 spots in the regional ranking.
- All Ukrainian cities have dropped substantially in the Index, but Kyiv maintains its position in the global top 100, proving its resilience. Kyiv dropped 45 places but remains the highest-ranking city in Ukraine, and the only one in the top global 100 at 93rd.
- Kyiv is most notably ranked in the top 25 globally for Marketing & Sales and Software & Data industries.
- Notable Startups and Ecosystem Champions: Grammarly, a digital writing assistant. The first Ukrainian decacorn; People.ai, the AI platform for enterprise sales, marketing, and customer success that uncovers revenue opportunities. Ukrainian unicorn. Ajax Systems, the largest security systems manufacturer in Europe. Ajax protects over 1.250.000 people in 130 countries.
Startup Ecosystem Overview: As Ukraine bravely faces war, it is difficult to say what the after effects on the startup scene will be and how fast Ukraine will rebuild its physical and economic infrastructure. The country had been going through economic difficulties for several years before the war, but still managed to create technology that is both scalable and global. This attests to their talented and resilient workforce.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.