Ukraine is indeed an innovator state and a pioneer in the digitalization of governmental services – here are some facts to convince you:
- In September 2019, Ukraine established a Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine to launch a full-scale digitalization of government services. After that, Ukraine became the first country in the world to provide citizens with a digital ID that has the same legal status as a standard paper ID card.
- Within three years, the Ministry’s Diia application has started offering over 72 digital public services.
- Thanks to the Diia.Business platform, which provides free consultations and helps find investors, Ukrainian entrepreneurs can grow their business faster.
- At Diia.Digital Education, Ukrainians have the opportunity to increase their digital literacy by watching educational video series similar to Netflix.
- In 2022, the Ministry launched one of the best legal and tax spaces for IT businesses – Diia City. By the way, the IT sector grew 28% YoY in 1Q2022 to $2 billion despite the full-scale Russian invasion.
Via Horizon Capital
Support Kyiv-based TechUkraine team here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.