On June 20, the Lviv IT Cluster together with the Lviv City Council and the First Medical Association of Lviv launched an initiative to establish a Mental Health Center. As part of the Center’s work, war veterans, internally displaced people and anyone who needs support in such a difficult time will be able to receive the help of professional psychotherapists, psychiatrists and psychologists.
- The institution will operate on the basis of an outpatient clinic at the First Medical Association of Lviv.
- At the Center, people will be able to attend individual consultations, join group therapy and receive comprehensive care at various levels. You can schedule an appointment by a reference of a family doctor.
- The center will operate on an ongoing basis as part of a major initiative to build the Unbreakable National Rehabilitation Center.
- All necessary expenses related to redecoration works and arrangement of premises will be financed by Lviv IT Cluster, and one of the biggest benefactors is JustAnswer, one of the association’s member companies. The cost of establishing the Center reaches over 5 million UAH.
In the first days of the full-scale invasion, together with the city authorities we began to organize centers for temporarily displaced people. More than ten thousand people got shelters there. But we understand that more needs to be done. We learned about the Mental Health Center from the city authorities and our Supervisory Board decided to support this decision. In addition, the topic of mental health is also the most relevant for our industry. Because hundreds of thousands of people from the north, south and east of Ukraine have been forced to flee their homes. And they need support, – says Stepan Veselovskyi, CEO of Lviv IT Cluster.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.