MET AMS 2022: Europe’s First Metaverse Festival
Where the metaverse and reality come to meet
MET AMS had an action packed 4-day programme that spans day and night – centred around education, experiences and interaction. The concept for the event was formulated over six months, and welcomed over 1,500 international visitors from all over the world.
The festival brought to life the metaverse and the technology you’ve been reading about in a special way, making this one of the most immersive conferences to date.
Speakers and artists
MET AMS hosted some of the biggest names in metaverse – some of them:
- Giovanna Casimiro – Content Producer & Head of Metaverse Fashion Week and Producer & XR Creative Decentraland, the virtual platform where you can navigate with a 3D avatar.
- Tim Walther, group manager NFT & Metaverse at Volkswagen.
- Ashumi S – founder & CEO of MAD XR, an award winning CreaTech innovative production agency which brings projects to live in the Metaverse (3D, AR, VR, NFTs) for fashion, art & collectibles.
- Kwebbelkop – owner of platform LaunchMyNFT. If you’re looking to launch your own Randomly Generated NFT collection in a matter of minutes, this platform is your solution.
- Also, among the panelists was Hrish Lotlikar, Co-Founder & CEO of SuperWorld, who previously worked in Ukraine, was founding partner of VC Eastlabs, Kyiv. Hrish took part at the panel about Build a Better World where discussed topics of virtual real estate and how you can create, discover and monetize anything anywhere.
Mind-blowing culture&tech experience
MET AMS had partnered with 4 incredible museums and art centers.
- Nxt Museum is dedicated to new media art, showcased mind-blowing metaverse exhibition UFO – Unidentified Fluid Other.
- Moco exhibits names like Banksy, Jean-Michel Basquiat, KAWS, and many more. Next to that Moco exhibited the New FuTure – NFTs and digital art. The collection included works by artists such as Beeple, Andrés Reisinger, WhIsBe, Mad Dog Jones and Pak.
- Foam Photography Museum presented Mous Lamrabat’s incredible exhibition Blessings from Mousganistan.
- Magnificent Fabrique des Lumières boasts 17 meter high walls where artworks are bring to life using more than 100 state-of-the-art projectors and accompanying music.
Music Metaverse with David Guetta
Paris-based Immersive music experience startup Stage11 debuted a glimpse at their first music metaverse experience featuring David Guetta within MET AMS.
Stage11 develops gaming, mixed reality, and digital collectibles by building a new creative canvas for artists, allowing them to invite fans to live, play, and create inside their performances and musical worlds.
Stage11’s Co-Founder and CEO Jonathan Belolo is a music industry veteran and the co-owner of Scorpio Music with a track record of 45 years of continuous success from The Village People to Mi Gente by J Balvin & Beyonce.
Building immersive music events and experiences is just the first step. We are on a journey together to reimagine the way artists and brands connect, even co-create, with their fans and audiences. We are combining genres, realities and cultures to build something bold, thrilling and timeless — yet accessible and fun, – Jonathan Belolo.
The company also represented the partnerships with world-famous artists Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Snoop Dogg, Ne-Yo, Akon, French viral street dance artist Salif Gueye and a key strategic fashion partnership with the Institut Français de la Mode.
Performing in the real world is always such an incredible experience; the music, the stage, the crowds. But to be able to take it to the next level with Stage11 and give my fans the opportunity to join me in the metaverse is literally out of this world. This is the future of music and entertainment, see you there, – David Guetta.
A Music Metaverse Adventure, David Guetta Experience will be released in 2023 – watch the teaser:
Co-founders Anne Sophie Erbé, said FashionUnited: “We have a lot of ideas about its future, so we want to evaluate and see where we are going to bring it and how. Are we looking for new content? Are we looking for the same physical event in other countries? Do we want partnerships? We still have to see. There is so much opportunity, so it is fun to already start thinking about the next event.”
TechUkraine thanks the MET AMS team for impressive and inspiring experience! Keep going!
Photo credits by SetVexy, Future Phonic Studios