Ukrainian Future, the business incubator of the Junior Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, which is the official representative of the global Startup World Cup competition in Ukraine, announced the open call for Ukrainian startups. The winners of the Regional selection will go to the final global startup competition in Silicon Valley and compete for the grand prize of $ 1,000,000.
- Startup World Cup Ukraine 2022 should take place on March, 31 at the Parkovy Congress and Exhibition Center in Kyiv. When russia started the war against Ukraine, there was a week left until the end of the acceptance of applications for the competition. In order not to deprive Ukrainian startups of the opportunity to present their projects at one of the most prestigious startup events in the world, the organizers of Startup World Cup agreed to hold the Regional selection online by continuing to accept applications from startups for one week – from June 27 to July 4. Registration by the link.
- The conditions for participation in the regional selection remained unchanged, in particular: officially registered business and the opportunity to speak English. Considering the current circumstances, startups are also asked to consider the possibility of going abroad.
- Based on the results of the submitted applications, the jury of the global Startup World Cup will select 10 teams to participate in the Regional Final. It will take place on July, 22 on the Howspace platform. The winner of the Startup World Cup Ukraine 2022 (determined by the Ukrainian jury) will have an opportunity to present its startup in the Grand Final of the Startup World Cup, which will take place in autumn 2022 in San Francisco (USA), and a possibility to win the grand prize of $1,000,000.
- In addition to the main prize of the Startup World Cup, startups can get prizes for tens of thousands of dollars from event partners. The Silicon Valley Grand Finale is also a unique opportunity to meet at the same venue with leading investors, founders, and executives of innovative giant corporations such as Apple, Netflix, Siri, Softbank, LinkedIn, Cisco, and Khosla Ventures. During the Grand Final, there will be speakers such as Steve Wozniak, Mark Randolph, Adam Chayer, Marcelo Claur, Reed Hoffman, John Chambers, and many other successful businessmen. Therefore, the winners of regional selections from more than 60 countries – participants of the Grand Final – will have the opportunity not only to present their project but also to chat live with “business sharks”, hear the advice of world experts, and find partners and future investors.
- This year is the second time when the Regional final of the Startup World Cup will be held for Ukrainian startups. It became possible due to the signing of a cooperation agreement between the Ukrainian Future business incubator, and the organizer of the global competition – the international venture company Pegasus Tech Ventures. The first official finalist of the Ukrainian regional selection Startup World Cup Ukraine 2020 was the startup Kray Technologies – an automatic drone for the application of plant protection products and
fertilizers with industrial productivity up to 470 hectares per day.
- This year’s Regional selection can be watched online. To do this, follow the link, click “Register as a viewer” and fill out a short form. After checking the questionnaire, the day before the event, viewers will receive a letter with a link to access the platform.
You can support our team and donate to TechUkraine here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.