Ukraine will introduce artificial intelligence in courts to make decisions on administrative violations.
- It will participate in decision-making regarding administrative violations. The minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine noted that Amazon already has similar examples.
- At the beginning of 2019, an article about facial recognition technology was published on the Amazon blog. Among other things, it talked about the use of technology by law enforcement officers to identify violators. At the same time, Amazon emphasizes that such a tool can be used as an aid and should not make decisions in the event that these decisions may limit civil rights. Artificial intelligence should be one of many elements of the investigation. In turn, law enforcement officers must use it transparently in order to earn the public’s trust.
- The Minister also handed Amazon representatives an award from the President and every Ukrainian for their support of Ukraine.
Even by the beginning of the war, they started providing us with the capacity to store registry backups. That’s tens of millions of dollars of support. By the way, many people in the company work after hours, pro bono, in projects to support Ukraine – Mykhailo Fedorov, Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine.
Support Kyiv-based TechUkraine team here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.