Ukrainian Startup Fund together with the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Ukroboronprom and the IDI Innovation Defense Initiative are organizing the first international Drone Hackathon. Palantir Technologies will also take part in the event.
- The main goal is to develop new solutions in the field of military-tech for the production of drones.
- Design engineers, radio engineers, drone operators and programmers, who understand Python, Java, R, C++, Tensorflow or are engaged in Embedded development, can take part in the competition.
- The Drone Hackathon will be held in two stages:
- the first is remote work on the challenges that the teams will receive after registration
- and the second will take place in Kyiv from August 26 to 29, where participants will finalize joint solutions and present them to the jury.
Registrate now – deadline until August 23
You can support our team and donate to TechUkraine here.
Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
There are several other organizations to support:
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.