The portrait of Ukrainian IT specialist 2022 by DOU, based on 15 135 answers, – key findings.
- The median age of an IT specialist, as a year ago, is 29 years (in 2020 year – 28 years old).
- 87% of surveyed have a higher education (one or more), another 5% are studying at a university. The most students are Game Developers (15%), Data Science (11%) and Security (9%), as well as developers (6%).
- About 2% of IT specialists have a scientific degree – more often among Hardware Engineers (9%), Data Science specialists (7%) and STO/SEO (6%).
- The share of women in Ukrainian IT did not change during the year — 23%.
- The largest areas in which IT specialists work in Ukraine remain E-commerce (20% of the surveyed specialists work in it) and Fintech (13%). Over the past six months, the share of those working in Edtech has significantly increased (+5%, up to 8%).
- 87% of specialists work as individual entrepreneurs
- Developers remain the largest survey group – 50% of all questionnaires. 17% of questionnaires were filled out by testers, 7% by project management specialists, and 5% by HR.
Support TechUkraine team here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014. According to Na chasi, the Patreon page Come Back Alive is in the top ten projects by the number of financial donations.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- Army SOS, which develops drones;
- Everybody Can, an organization that supports internally displaced people;
- Help on the Ministry of Defense website.