Ukrainian Startup Fund together with EIT RawMaterials hold the “Raw Materials Hackathon: Change4Future” and gathered 15 finalists in the DEMO DAY in Kyiv.
The teams developed technologies and solutions for:
- improved and new mineral exploration
- more efficient, responsible and sustainable modern mining
- mineral and metal processing and for improved materials production
- optimization of the mining and production processes of metals and minerals (increasing process efficiency, using less energy and water, reducing costs and waste generation)
- alternative materials for pipes
According to the results of the pitching, the winners are:
- Critical HydroMinerals Calculator (CHydroMC)
- Fenite haloes of alkaline rocks and carbonatites
- The MACSIO Expert System
Grants from the Geological Investment Group in the amount of $1000 were awarded to Critical HydroMinerals Calculator and Evaluation and ranking of zircon-ilmenite placers.
Moreover, The MACSIO Expert System are the finalists of the Regional Innovation Competition – an innovation programme with exciting, customised workshops, coaching vouchers, and local support via RIS incubators. Final Pitching Competition will be conducted in Athens this December.
Partners of the event: Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, UNIT.City , ReThink, Greencubator, Geological Investment Group, DTEK Oil&Gas, European Business Association and National Association of Mining Industry.
Support TechUkraine team here.
- Come Back Alive is one of the largest charitable foundations that supports Ukrainian soldiers, founded by the IT specialist Vitaliy Deynega. The organization collected more than 210 million UAH (more than $7M) in 2014.
- MacPaw Development Fund
- KOLO fund